Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 4, 2016 The blood on my hands.

Reading: Hebrews 1 and 1 Chronicles 22-24

Scripture: 1 Chronicles 22:8, But the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'You have shed much blood and have waged great wars. You shall not build a house to my name, because you have shed so much blood before me on the earth.

Observation: The Bible over and over calls David “A man after God’s own heart” but here we have God telling David no you can’t do something because there is too much blood on his hands. As much as we try to do God’s will and seek to be the person we think we need to be that may not be that plan that God has.

Application: I don’t know how many times I have started doing something and was thinking, “Yes this is got to be what God wants for me I'm enjoying myself and I think I'm doing his work” to be later pulled from that situation and plopped into something else. Or even thinking, “I will never do that, that is not who I am” just to find that later you may not be doing exactly what you said but you are so close that you have even though about doing that thing you said you would never do. David had a great plan to build a house (The Temple) for God, and God said “No you can’t, but your son can because he will not have so much blood on his hands.” So we can expect that there will be times we will be called to do things bigger then we ever thought we could (like David vs. Goliath) and there will be times where we will be told no that is for someone else. Learn to listen to God and the Holy Spirit on what we are called to do.


Prayer: Father I thank you for you blessings and your plan for each of our lives. I ask that you help us to see the directions you have for us and have the discernment to know what we are to do and what we are to allow others to take up the mantle of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment