Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 19, 2016 Did I say that?!?!?

Reading: James 3, Proverbs 7-8, and Psalm 123

Scripture: James 3:5, So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! 

Observation: I’m glad that this passage came up today. With starting a new job I have been trying to assimilate myself into the workplace and befriend the men that I will be working with on a daily basis. Having people around me that use language that I would prefer not using is hard. I try to dwell on God and Godly things.

Application: I the sense of Garbage in Garbage out Matthew 12:34b, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” so with these two passages in mind if we are pouring into ourselves all sorts of bad influences and foul language that is how we will start to speak and if we start to speak that way the rudder of our tongue will start guiding us into places we don’t want to be. Be mindful of what you let in and speak God’s loving kindness into every situation. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for your reminder to speak your love into every situation. I thank you that you provide all things and I know that your timing is perfect. Help us to continually seek you and keep your words always on our tongue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment