Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 18, 2016 Look Look See What I Did!!!!

Reading: James 2 and Proverbs 5-6

Scripture: James 2:18, But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Observation: There are so many different groups out there that have this list of dos and don’ts, with this list if you do all the dos and keep from the don’ts then you can get to what ever their next stage of life be. There are even parts of church that act that way. It is easy to say you don’t measure up because you did this or didn’t do that, But the truth is we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. 

Application: Though the free gift of God though the death and resurrection of his son we have been made his righteousness. What the author of James is saying here is not that we have this list of dos and don’ts that we must abide by but because of our faith in that free gift and in God we should have fruit. If you are young in the faith that is ok grow and learn but also serve, it does not need to be big, it can be as simple as handing out bulletins before service or putting them together. Our Faith is not just our words but also how we live out our lives. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for reminding us to serve, help us to see the opportunities to serve. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings. Open our eyes to see and our ears to hear you each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment