Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 11, 2016 Give me my wages

I thank you all for bearing with me I have been sick and a little distracted by starting a new job and I let this fall by the wayside. So I am back and I hope to continue to bring you my thoughts each day. God bless and have a Great day.

Reading: Hebrews 8, 1 Kings 7, and 2 Chronicles 4

Scripture: Hebrews 8:12, For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more."

Observation: Sometimes the idea that God will not remember our sins is hard, especially when I can remember and I get reminders from the devil what I did wrong. I know I have the tendencies to pick up old chains that have held me down in the past and put them back on. Not that I want to be held captive by it but because it was what I always did. 

Application: Being merciful is not giving to someone what they deserve. According to Romans 6:23 the wages of sin is death and I have sinned therefore I deserve to die. God is so wonderful that though the death and resurrection of his Son Jesus he is able to show us Mercy and not remember our sins.


Prayer: Father I thank you for all the great blessings that you pour out on us each and every day. I thank you that you are Merciful and it is sufficient enough to even cover me. I ask you to help us to remember what you have done for us and give you the praise you deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment