Friday, July 8, 2016

July 2, 2016 Don't be like me!!!!!

Reading: Titus 3, 2 Samuel 22, and Psalm 18

Scripture: Titus 3:3, For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another.

Observation: Just before this verse Paul was telling Titus to remind people not to be a certain way and then says like we were. I know I'm guilty of doing many of those foolish things. Even growing up in the church I walked away and was a fool and did so many stupid things and even coming back to God and spending time with him I will fall back into doing things the way the world does it, by speaking evil and quarreling. 

Application: This was a reminder to me that I need to just let it go, I don’t always have to be right (although I always think I am even if I'm not), I don’t need to tear people down to get to where God wants me, God is the one that promotes and places me where he knows I need to be. I’m not saying that I don’t do anything, I always do my Job the best I can and strive to be the best at whatever it is I'm doing, therefore doing it unto the Lord. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for all you do and the direction and guidance you give to us though your Holy Spirit. I thank you for all the blessings that you pour out on us and this nation. I ask that you are constantly on the heart of whoever makes it into the hight house after this election and you help them to see your will for this nation and not a notion of a political party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment