Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 14, 2016 Hey I think I got off somewhere?!?!

Reading: Hebrews 11, 1 Kings 9, 2 Chronicles 8

Scripture: Hebrews 11:9, By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.

Observation: I love this chapter of Hebrews because they are talking about so many of the fathers if Israel. This passage itself is talking about what Abraham did and what he thought he was going to do or get.

Application: As in so many situations we see it one way with our blinders on saying “this is the only way it can happen” when God has a completely different plan and way a promise is going to look. Taking Abraham as an example God promised him decedents as numerous as the stars and sand, and he was promised the land of Canaan. Abraham being 100 years old when his son Isaac was born whom God had ordained to be who Israel would be born. I’m sure that Abraham was thinking that I will get cities and a country and lots of kids this will be awesome, but in reality he had two kids and he lived and died in a tent. We need to remember that what we heir God speaking to us will come true it may not look like what you think it should look like. 


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of you and how you work all things together for the good of your children. I thank you for the blessings and provisions that you give us. I thank you for having a plan and an end game for us. I ask that you help us to continually strive for that end game even though we think the way we are getting there is the wrong way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment