Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 6, 2016 We're going to the chapel and we're going to get married.

I'm sorry that I have not written more recently I'm still struggling with adjusting to 12 hours on my feet and finding time to wright. This week I am starting the next corse in Operation Solid Lives (OSL). I would recommend every on take it it will change your life. If you don't have somewhere to take it in person at least look into the online version at www.oslonline.com/

Reading: 1 Corinthians 7 and Numbers 16

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 7:15, But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.

Observation: I found this interesting being in my past I have gone though two divorces and I feel that God has redeemed me and brought my wonderful wife into my life. My first wife was violent towards me and before a year of marriage we were divorced. My second wife I believe falls into the category the this and preceding scriptures talks about. I was married to an unbeliever. Going into that relationship I was a Sunday morning Christian thinking that my wife was about the same. Looking back I can see that she claimed Christianity because her grandparents went to church. 

Application: This sort of situation both where I was and what Paul is talking about dose not give us as Christians a way out of marriage. I feel lake so many people get married then almost right a way start looking for a way out. Paul said that it is best to be single because then your focus is not decided between God and your spouse but if you cant control your desires to be with someone then get married. I think this is what Paul was saying, if you get married work at it and do everything you can to take care of that covenant you have entered. Then he puts out there verse 15. This was my situation after almost 7 years of being married buying a house and living as roommates for about 4 of those years, my unbelieving wife kicked me out of the house and served me with divorce papers. I wanted to work out the issues and was even willing to go to counseling to work on the issues but she wanted out. We are enslaved to our spouse but we are to love and honor then every day.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for bringing my wife into my life and how you have touched my heart though her. Lord I ask you to help us to keep the proper perspective on marriage and if that is something we car called to. I know there are those who are called to abstinence and a life without a spouse and I ask your blessings to pour out on then. I thank you for my wife and for all though who are blessed by true biblical covenant marriage. I also ask for the strength to keep our marriage that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment