Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016 Drive them out!!

Reading: 2 Corinthians 2, Numbers 33, and Psalm 65

Scripture: Numbers 33:55-56, But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then those of them whom you let remain shall be as barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall trouble you in the land where you dwell. And I will do to you as I thought to do to them.

Observation: I love it when we get to see where God promises something and then later we get to see it. It is so easy to forget the answered prayers in our own lives but when we can see something like this promise to the entire nation of Israel and later how when they don’t get everyone out how much of a pain or barbs and thorns these people become. 

Application: What God is speaking to me about in this is that our hearts and lives are just like the Promised Land, we need to be purged of the unholy things in our life that we pick up over the years. When we come to Christ and ask for the forgiveness and turn from our past, we need to remove all the things that will cause us to fall back into that sinful life. I had to give up Mid-evil reenactments that I was involved in because there were parts of me that it brought out in me that were not who I should be. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your son and you love. As we go about our days help us to cast our those things in our lives that take attention from you and cause us to focus on things of the world. I know that these things can only be cast out of our lives by your strength, without you we would be overcome and fall back into the pleasures of the world that do not last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment