Friday, April 8, 2016

April 7, 2016 I need that

Reading: 1 Corinthians 8, Numbers 17-18, and Psalm 73

Scripture: Psalm 73:2-4, But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For they have no pangs until death; their bodies are fat and sleek.

Observation: This section jumped out at me today because I so often look at the world and those of the world and how the appear to be prospering and doing so well with the big homes and fancy cars. I am happy and content with what I have. God takes care of every need I have and many of the wants I have too. 

Application: It is easy to stumble or slip when it comes to seeing what others have and what they do with what they have. I struggle with this I want new cars and the latest and greatest gadgets. That is what society has pounded into us. Don’t be happy unless you have everything and all the money in the world. God has called us to give it all away and love our neighbors. When we long for what others have we start to put things and wealth above God. Don’t be envious of what others have but love then and share with them what you do have and God will bless you.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing, you provide so much that we need and want. I thank you for your provisions and your grace. As we take each and every step closer to you, though our time with you each day and speaking to you every day we just seek you direction with our lives and what steps are next to take. Help us to love our neighbors and show them your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment