Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 18, 2016 Am I readable

Reading: 2 Corinthians 3 and Numbers 34-36

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:2, You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all.

Observation: For the longest time I didn’t like this verse because I was the Sunday morning christian. I would show up to church on most Sundays the ones where I work up and got there or I had volunteered to do something. But I would go out drinking I smoked and even smoked pot with my friends. If I was anyones letter of recommendation I was a poor one.  

Application: As Christians we are called to be the light into the world, we are that light by writing Gods word on our hearts and setting ourselves apart. We are to in the world not of the world. We are God’s heavenly ambassadors, our citizenship is in Heaven and with God but we are here to share the word of God that is written on our heart. I have been blessed to notice a difference in one of my coworkers who the first few days I worked with him it was “f” this and “f” that and now after a could weeks working with him I only hear a couple “f” bombs a day.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to be a light at work and in the world around me. I ask you to every day to write you word deeper onto my heart and make it show, cause people to see the difference and want to know what it is that causes the joy in my life. Lord help me to be more Joyful in all that I do help me to make that choice to be joy filled even when I don’t want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment