Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 14, 2016 I don't need this body

Reading: 1 Corinthians 15 and Numbers 29 

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:36-37, You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 

Observation: I love how Paul put this saying your frail body you put in the ground will not be the body that God raises up when Christ returns. I have know so many people who will not allow anything postmortem to bed done to the bodies of a loved one because they have the though or belief that the body that died is the one to be resurrected. 

Application: I’m glad that God is not just raising this body. Even only in my mid thirties I have pains and things that don’t work correctly and even though I know that God is willing and able to fix things in his timing. When I die the broken parts of this body will no linger be my concern and God will raise me up in to a glorious new body. I believe that when Christ appeared to the Apostles he was showing us his new body and if we have those attributes too Resurrection is going to be awesome. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the hope that you have given us though your resurrection and the life that you have given for us to have that hope. I stand in awe of you Lord and seek to see more of you. As we prepare for the opportunities that you have placed before us I ask for you guidance and directions as we speak into the lives of others around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment