Friday, April 29, 2016

April 27, 2016 Yes Jesus Loves Me

Reading: 2 Corinthians 12 and Deuteronomy 18-20

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:10, For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Observation: Growing up I always heard just the final portion of this scripture. “For when I am weak he is strong.” It is true when we are weak, which is almost always, He is strong. God does not inflict upon us the hardships of life but as is said in Romans 8:28, “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” 

Application: Yes it is good to remember that though him we have great strength and we will be given the power to overcome when we don’t have strength of our own to stand up to a situation. I think this is reminding me less about his power and more about the willingness to take up the mantel that has been laid on my shoulders and be ok where I am and continue to seek God’s plan. 


Prayer: Father, you are so amazing I thank you for another day to worship and praise you. I thank you for your Holy Spirit and the why that he helps me to see things in your word that I didn’t before. I ask that you open my eyes to the joys and contentment that you have for me in my situation and that I can be OK seek you daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment