Friday, April 29, 2016

April 29, 2016 How can I help you

Reading: Galatians 1, Deuteronomy 23-24, and Psalm 91

Scripture: Galatians 1:10, For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Observation: I think everyone likes getting a pat on the back or a well done, but are we looking for that more from man because we see them and can get them directly and right away.  

Application: We are call to do all things to the glory of the Lord (1 Corinthians 10:31) we need to be careful that we don’t start doing what we do for our own glorification and not his. God tells us quietly that we are doing well and speaking his Gospel in a small voice that only we hear, even though we think that we need to have someone using a megaphone telling of our deeds. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you that you sent your Son and have brought us our of the muck to find the white robs of forgiveness. I ask you to help up to keep you in the forefront for our minds and do everything to your glory and not worry or think of what others think of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment