Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016 Am I really a part of this?

Reading: 1 Corinthians 12 and Numbers 23-24

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:15, If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body. 

Observation: I have struggled with this for a long time. For a long time I felt as if I was not part of the body because I was not doing something that gained me notoriety or even just a little recognition that I was doing something. 

Application: It has taken my a long time to realize that I am a part of the body and sometimes I am a part that is seen and recognized and other times I am a part of the body that gets covered and does his work in the background. I have to let go of the longing I have for notoriety and praise. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you that you have humbled me, I know that it is easy to fall into the fame game and seek the praise here on earth. You are so wonderful and continually take care of us. Help us to keep our perspective and focus in the proper place on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment