Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22, 2016 I did it, it was me.

Reading: 2 Corinthians 7, Deuteronomy 7-8, and Psalm 139

Scripture: Deuteronomy 8:17-18, Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.' You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Observation: It is so easy to let yourself say, “Look what I did” or “I earned that.” I fall into that myself, we all want to think (especially men) that we can do it all or that it is because we are men that things got done. God guided me to go back to school and finish my Bachelors degree and I think about the IQ score I got taking a test, and I have a degree, in a few years will be moving up the ranks of any company I work at, but I'm just looking at my power. 

Application: God promised us All sorts of blessing, and given us the authority to make it happen. The word of God is truth and promise we just have to believe and claim those promises. In Matthew 4 is the parable of the sower we need to be the good ground and not let the thief come in and take that seed from us or let the worry and trials of life choke it out. Dive into the word and claim every promise God has for you. 


Prayer: Father, I love you so much and I long to sit in your presence all the days of my life. I thank you for the provisions you have poured out on me and my family, and the ability to continue with school and the intelligence to get my degree, it has all come from you. I ask you to help me to rise up in faith and keep your word in my heart and not let it be taken by the thief or choked by the worries and trials of life. Lord, bless this retreat may your will be done, tear down the walls in peoples lives that they may know you more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment