Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12, 2016 Mirror Mirror on the wall

Reading: 1 Corinthians 13 and Numbers 25-26

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:12, For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Observation: When I read this my first though is how did they have a mirror back then but then I remembered a teaching about that time and the mirrors they would have had would have been a small piece of metal that were polished until it was able to reflect something. So not only being that their mirrors were not as good at reflecting as our glass mirrors I also get the feeling of trying to look into a mirror in a dark room. 

Application: God seems to be saying here that at this time we have a imperfect view of God and our relationship with him, but one day when Christ returns we will see him face to face and truly know God. We need to seek after him daily and seek to know him better by diving into his word and speaking out about his love, and one day soon we will know Him face to face.


Prayer: Lord, I Thank you for you promise that we will see you, imperfectly today and one day clearly as we stand before you. I lift up to you all those i work with especially those who don’t know you yet help me be a light and help them to want to know what I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment