Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016 Destroy the Strongholds.

Reading: 2 Corinthians 10, Deuteronomy 14-15, and Psalm 88

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:3-4, For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

Observation: After going though what I did yesterday I am not surprised a verse like this is what jumped out at me. I have always heard war was scary both from those who were in the military and those who have experienced spiritual warfare. Other then hearing people speaking into situations with words of discouragement or the seeds of doubt coming into our lives I had not seen battle. I felt insulated and relatively safe on this war. 

Application: Our weapons are for destroying the stronghold the enemy has erected. Though the discipleship and growth that I have been going though I was better prepared then I though, but I still was not ready for my first face to face encounter with one of satins minions. We are always to be ready with the belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness and the shoes of the readiness of the gospel. Be ready to at a moments notice take up the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit.


Prayer: Father I Thank you for giving us your armor and your weapons to fight this war. Without them we would be trying to fight this battle in our own power and we don’t have much power. Lord I ask you to help us too remember to keep ourselves ready for battle and to have our shield and sword close at hand when the battle comes to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment