Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13, 2016 What am I to say?

Reading: 1 Corinthians 14 and Numbers 27-28

 Scripture: 1 Corinthians 14:19, Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

Observation: Paul was talking about the proper uses and times for tongues to be use. To this day I have not spoken in tongues and at times I'm of two minds if it want to. Many say how much it draws them closer to God and the depths and power of their prayers when it manifests. 

Application: I would much rather have the spirit come upon me in prophecy and building up the church and those around me then ever speak a single word in tongues. That may have to do with some of my upbringing in a household and church that ether didn’t talk about tongues or said that they are only other know languages. 


Prayer: Lord I thank you for all that you have done in my life. Though your word and the teachers around me you have stretched and grown my understanding of you. Lord I call down your spirit and ask you to fill me. Help me to quiet my mind and hear your voice and share your love with those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment