Friday, March 25, 2016

March 25, 2016 Hey where did every body go?

Reading: John 16, Leviticus 26, and Psalm 12

Scripture: John 16:31-32, Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe? Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me.

Observation: There has been so many times that I have felt that I was one that scattered and went to my home to hide from God and the situation to leave Jesus to his own thing. As a guy we so often want to fight our own battles and fix our own issues and don’t want any outside influence. We bottle it up for so long that at some point it just explodes out of us, whether it is in tears or more likely anger and aggression. That is me wanting to fix it but it turning to anger. 

Application: Jesus was saying that all his close friends the men would walk away but he would not be alone because he had the connection to the father that we now know though the Holy Spirit. As much as we don’t want to admit to our feelings or the idea that we can’t fix everything. I'm here to tell the world yes we have feelings and no we can’t fix it all but we have the power of the Holy Spirit on our said giving us a direct conduct to God and he can and will fix and help us will our feeling.  


Prayer: Lord I thank you so much for being the great healer not only do you heal the sick, lame, and injured, you also comfort us who have emotions that hurt us too. Lord I thank you that you never depart from us and remind us that we are in your hands. I ask your Spirit be know to us and help us to listen to your still small voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment