Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 3, 2016 They may afflict me, But they will not prevail.

Reading: Romans 10, Exodus 24-25, Psalms 129

Scripture: Psalm 129:2, Greatly have they afflicted me from my youth, yet they have not prevailed against me.

Observation: Lately I have been struggling with the idea that I'm not enough and that I don’t do enough both as a father and as a Follower of Christ. I am reminded of the things I have in my past and thoughts of my youth come back to me. This section of Psalm 129 jumped out at me reminding me that even though I am afflicted, I have not been prevailed over. 

Application: There are days when we feel down and out, or not good enough. Just the other day I was doing a study with my mens group on the Armor of God, and in the research and discussion we has on the Helmet of Salvation we look the need for that helmet in that in Roman wars the helmet was to help protect against the Calvary riding in with their large two edged sword chopping heads. The devil has one of those large swords and the two edges of that sword are doubt and discouragement. The Helmet of Salvation being there are three types of salvation I think they are all wrapped into this helmet first is we have been saved from the sins our past Justification, second we are saved from the power of current sins Sanctification, and finally we have the hope and promise of being saved from the presence of sin in Haven in Glorification 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you from your Armor and defense that having you in our lives can know. I ask you to help us to practice with each piece of that armor so as the war rages around us we will be prepared for the battle that stands before us. I thank you for the reminder though they may afflict me, they will not prevail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment