Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 2, 2016 Working For Haven

Reading: Romans 9, Exodus 23, Psalm 119:137-176

Scripture: Romans 9:30-32, What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, 

Observation: It is interesting that today thousands of years after all this happened and Paul wrote these letter. We as Christians can easily find ourselves falling right back into the way the nation of Israel was thinking. It is easy to think, “What do I do now to continue to work my way to Heaven?” We may not say it in those words but we show it by allowing our faith take a back seat to the things we do before people. 

Application: Today so many of us are looking for recognition and being well though of that we forget who we need to be focusing on. We focus on ourselves and what we have done and what we will do and how it looks and forget to put God as our number one. I love the saying “I live for an Audience of one.” I feel I need this reminder more then most in that I regularly feel I'm not Doing enough. But Paul reminds us that its not about what you are doing abut about having faith and seeking God though that faith.


Prayer: Lord, your amazing love comforts me as I struggle to focus on you. You are the Creator of all things and you have a plan for me. Lord I thank you for the plan you have and the blessing you pour out on me and my family as I struggle to find work. Lord I ask you to watch over me and my readers to help us to forget working toward Haven and take up the job of working For our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment