Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016 Microphone of glory

Reading: John 11 and Leviticus 16-17

Scripture: John 11:4, But when Jesus heard it he said, "This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it."

Observation: Looking at how Jesus was reacting to the new that his friend was sick to many may seem heartless, even here in modern western society we make some sort of placation to those who are sick. Things like say “get well soon”, “I’m Praying for you”, or “Oh sorry to hear that.” But in the biblical society where hospitality and caring for others was a big deal this would have been a slap to the face in a way. Its kinda like saying to someone with a broken femur just get up and brush yourself off, as their leg is bent backwards. 

Application: The second half of that verse is where I see God telling us that the things we go through and the struggles and hurst we have can glorify him and be used to point to God all the more. The things we have gone though in our lives give us a unique microphone to reach people that others can’t. Because I have been abused by my first wife I now have a microphone of abused and a microphone of divorce. I don’t want anyone to go though the things I did but I also know the pain can understand where someone is coming from when you care for someone deeply but they hurt you both physically and emotionally. Take up the microphones that life has given you and show the world that God is the master of your life.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing, having the power to raise people back to life and giving us that authority in your name to heal and cast out the demons of this world. I thank you for showing me that I have a Microphone and that microphone will amplify your love, though your mercy and grace. I ask that we all start to recognize those microphones and use them to glorify your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment