Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22, 2016 NO I'm the Master

Reading: John 13 and Leviticus 20-21

Scripture: John 13:16, Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 

Observation: When I was at Multnomah University one of the books I read for class was The Servant by “James C. Hunter” this book opened my eyes to the Godly way to lead and to lead as a servant like Christ. Here in the USA it is so common to see people thinking that they are better then someone or finding the need to tear down someone. 

Application: We are all servants whether to God or to things of this world. Even though we so often put ourselves above others we need to remember that we are servants and as a servant or messenger we are no greater then the one who has sent us. As servants of God we have been given Authority and Dominion over this world in Jesus name, but we are still to server as Jesus served those around us. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the love and grace you pour out on us each day as we strive to be perfect as you are perfect. I thank you for the authority and dominion you have given us and I ask your help to be a good steward of it. I also ask that you help us to take steps to lead as a servant as Christ did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment