Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 6, 2016 My neighbors are idiots.

Reading: Romans 13, Exodus 30-31, and Psalm 132

Scripture: Romans 13:9, For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 

Observation: Love is not only that way to fulfill the law, it is how to serve and how to let God work on someones heart even if they hurt you. Love is a Verb it’s an action it’s something you do. In western civilization we look at love as a feeling and something we can fall in and out of but God uses it as a verb. Love is placing the needs of others above your own. 

Application: Loving others is hard, I don’t always want to help someone who appears to not want to help themselves, and I admit many times I don’t help people. One of the biggest struggle I have had and I bet most every one has had is loving a boss, we look at our bosses and think they are stupid or blind and a monkey could do their job better. I think the the best way to move from the mentality of they are idiots and can’t do anything to loving your boss, enemy, family member, or the bum down the street, is to pray for them. As we pray for their needs and start asking God to bless them God does a work in our hearts and we become more loving toward then and our interactions will change. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the opportunities you place in my life each day to share your love with the world. I know that I allow myself to get in the way of the blessings you have for this world. I ask you to help me to be more loving and keep those who bother me to be blessed and help me to be more loving toward them.

No comments:

Post a Comment