Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1, 2016 We are more than conquerors!!!!!

Reading: Romans 8, Exodus 22, Psalm 119:97-136

Scripture: Romans 8:37-39, No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Observation: Yesterday I shared a devotion that my wife and I have been reading and it talked about the purpose of an anchor. With that Anchor holding us firm in place God as made us “more the conquerors.” Not only are we able to conquer the trials and tribulations that the Anchor will hold us in place so we can overcome but we are more. A conquer comes in takes over everything and removes those in power. 

Application: I know even growing us in the church the devil had dominion in my life, there are still places in my life that he has a handhold. Even though I do my best I seem to let the holds remain. Paul is saying that though Christ we have been given the power and the strength to cast off all the handhold, all the footholds, and seal those cracks so that when the devil comes agains us again, and he will, we can have that anchor holding us fast to the Lord and we can have smoothed our defenses in a way that there is no handhold. There will still always be trials and tribulation and we may not alway overcome them but the more we are anchored in the word and in our church those loses will not drag us down and God will raise us up.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your word and your Holy Spirit who help us to stay on track and to help us to see when we have stepped away. Your love it so amazing and I long to understand it more. Lord, I ask you to help keep focus on you and seek you. As I grow in understanding help me to remember that it is not I who is winning but you though me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment