Saturday, March 19, 2016

March 19, 2016 Bless the Lord

During my unemployment I truly struggled with keeping up with my journal writings and fulfilling the commitment I made to God that I was going to share this with all who wanted to read and hear what God has been speaking to me though his word. I have been blessed to know that there are those out there who read and her God though my words. 

The blessings I have also have come back to me in getting to spend this last month with my daughter almost every day, seeing her grow just in this time before my eyes has been a great blessing and God has provided for us though many ways in this time. 

Reading: John 10, Leviticus 15, and Psalm 103

Scripture: Psalm 103:2-4, Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

Observation: This section of our reading today stood out because of the fact that even though I had been struggling with doing my journaling and sharing what has been going on in my life and documenting my prayers, I know that there are blessings and benefits that he has and will pour out on me. 

Application: Braking this passage down here, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits” First we need to not forget the things God has done for us he has brought us out of the mire and raised us to be citizens of Haven, and blessing I could have only imagined a few years ago. We need to look back at our prayers that we have prayed and see what has been answered and how. I struggle with this but I think is it a great practice of keeping a prayer journal and go back from time to time and make notes of how those were answered and if they have been answered because we all have to be reminded of the benefits God has given us. “who forgives all your iniquity” I love that fact that no matter how far I have fallen God forgave me and will continue to forgive because I am a work in progress. “who heals all your diseases” God is the great physician and he will heal all wounds. “who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy” I am so glad that he cares for me and each and every one of us to take us one by one pay the price for us and crown us with that love and mercy that no one deserves. 


Prayer: Lord, your love is so unfathomable, and your grace and mercy so great. I thank you for loving me and liking me for who I am even as a sinful man. Lord I pray that our souls can bless you, don’t let us forget what you have done for us so far in our lives and help us to remember that you forgive, you heal, and you love us so much to pull us from the pit and place a crown on our heads. Again I thank you for the rich blessings you continue to pour into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment