Friday, March 25, 2016

March 23, 2016 I need a Day off.

Reading: John 14 and Leviticus 22-23

Scripture: Leviticus 23:3, "Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work. It is a Sabbath to the Lord in all your dwelling places.

Observation: The world has walked away from having a sabbath, a day of rest where we don’t do any work. We now have companies and businesses that run 24/7. God instituted a day of rest and even years of rest for the land. This is not just a time to not go to work and do something at home it’s meant to be a day of rest. I am as guilty as that next man of filling their schedule to bursting and not giving myself time to rest and seek God. 

Application: Things have changed in my life recently and in a way that I didn’t expect I was looking for work and taking care of my daughter during the week for the last month. On Monday I started my new job my schedule is what they call a condensed work week so I work Sunday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday. I looked at some of the other responsibilities that I have taken on and been offered to take on and family life I was able to see how this schedule gave me the Sabbath I needed as I continue to grow in the Church and in my family. Find a day to rest what ever that looks like to you.


Prayer: Lord, your plans are so much greater then the plans that I would have ever seen for myself. I thank you for those plans and the direction that you have given us. I pray that you help me to see your plan clearer each day as I seek to walk in it. I thank you for opening my eyes to your plan even if its just a small peak to see the next step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment