Monday, March 21, 2016

How could I be so blind

This morning in the shower getting ready for a new job that I'm starting today. I was thinking about how to move up in the company and how to use this degree I got nearly two years ago. I graduated from University with a BA in Leadership and Ministry I had been focused on the leadership side of that degree for the most part looking for management positions or trying to get promoted where I was. It hit me climing out of the shower and drying off that my degree is a ministerial degree. 

God gave me the calling to go back to Bible school and I have a BA in ministry and I have the opertunity to use that every day. By sharing my journals with everyone and showing what God is teaching me each day is ministry, how I go to work no matter what I'm doing I'm doing ministry. 

This passage come to me as I was sitting down to share this. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24 ESV the Lord reminded me today and at my church's men's breakfast like the parable of the talents in Mattew 35:14-30 God is handing out his authority and power and saying "do as I would do" we now need to choose are we going to be like the first two and go and do God's work or are we going to hide away what God gave us and just give him back what he gave us to begin with just because we are scared to step out in the authority he gave us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment