Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 4, 2016 Open mouth insert foot!

Reading: Romans 11 and Exodus 26-27

Scripture: Romans 11:17-18, But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Observation: I know that I have been guilty of thinking I am better then others, or I have worked harder, or done something better. It is grace that has grafted and brought me into the folds of the promise. Nothing I have done or could ever do could bring me in. Bringing me in was a gift from the Great Gardener God. 

Application: Being a gift we need to remember that we are not better then anyone else we may come from wild stock but God had tamed us and brought us into the family. It is though him and the church that we are supported as we grow and develop our relationship with the Lord. We may start off as just a grafted in wild plant but one day we will produce fruit and as we do we will become part of the church supporting others as we were supported. Be discipled and eventually you will be disciple others.


Prayer: Lord you are the great gardener, without you we would not be part of the family of God and would not know the Joy that comes from you. I thank you for the support that is in my life and I ask you to help continue to bring helpers in to each of our lives and when I'm in a place to help give me the words to encourage and help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment