Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016 For God's glory

Reading: John 12 and Leviticus 18-19

Scripture: John 12:42-43, Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.

Observation: God is working on my focusing on him and working for in and not the world today. After my revolution in the shower about my degree that I mentioned in my post called “How could I be so blind.” I have been looking for the glory of man and the things that a degree will bring me. I went to school, I have loads of school loan debt, I should be living the good life making close to six figures a year. I believed but due to fear I didn’t show it to everyone. I love how Zig Ziglar put it “FEAR has two meanings: Forget Everything and Run, or Face Everything and Rise. The Choice is yours”

Application: We are to Face all things and overcome them by the grace and glory of God. In that we are also called to love and crave the glory that comes from God over that which comes from the world. God has a bigger plan for me but being that I don’t see that end point I know that I have more to learn before I see where that last step will be. Over and over I am reminded that we are on a journey we don’t know where exactly we are going other then heaven. But I know that I am a work in progress and one day when I have learned the lessens needed I will see the end point.


Prayer: Lord, your great love is sufficient even for this sinner, and I thank you for that. As I go to work and start this new job I ask you to help me to work unto you and do my work for you and not worry about what the world thinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment