Friday, February 5, 2016

February 4th 2016 MINE MINE

Reading: Acts11 and Geneses 27-28

Scripture: Geneses 27:36, Esau said, “Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me these two times. He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing.” Then he said, “Have you not reserved a blessing for me?”

Observation: For me this kind of hits home in that I feel like I’m trying to do everything right but everyone else gets blessed with the things I think I want. I think in some ways this is human nature, and I know it’s the mentality of most if not all Americans. We are never satisfied with what we have, the grass is always greener and I never have enough.

Application: We need to learn to be content with what we have and be willing at any point (if God asks us to) give it all away and start over. Being a good steward of what we have is a great start. Instead of asking God “Don’t you still have something for me?” we can ask, “Who can I bless today?” This is one of the hardest things to change because it starts young, one of the first things kids learn to say is “MINE” we are selfish and I think the first step to changing that is remembering that none of it is yours. It all belongs to God.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing you provide and give us the opportunity to share and give. I thank you for everything you have given me to honor you with and I ask you to help me to keep the right perspective of wants, needs and calling. You have provided us with the means to own our home and always have food on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment