Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 17, 2016 What good is this?

Reading: Acts 24, Genesis 50, Exodus 1, and Psalm 140

Scripture: Genesis 50:19-20, But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Observation: It is so easy for me to judge and hold grudges, some one does something I don’t like or agree with or even hurts me and what to I do, I tell them off or stop talking to them, judge their salvation on their actions. It is easy to take the place of God at those times, we take things into our own hands so many times.

Application: We need to be like Joseph and not take up the wrath of God into our own hands. There are many times that all we can see is the wrong that has been done to us and want revenge of to have God’s wrath poured out though our hands. We need to remember that even if something is going wrong, we have to remember that there is a larger picture that we can’t see. I never knew why I went through two divorces until I spent time with my wife when I found that God was working on me to make me the man I needed to be for her. I am still a work in progress but if we would have met before my first marriage we would not have been the people we needed to be. Remember if you are going though something maybe there is a lesson to be taken from it.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing bringing words from thousands of years ago to life in our lives and helping us to see how to put it to use. I thank you for providing each day the things we need and the steps to take as we move forward and serve you. Lord I ask you to help us to leave the judgment at your feet and not take it up. Help us to love and lift us instead if rip down what you have brought up.

No comments:

Post a Comment