Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 22, 2016 Can i have some mercy?

Reading: Romans 1, Exodus 10-11, and Psalm 31

Scripture: Psalm 31:9, Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eye is wasted from grief; my soul and my body also.

Observation: As I struggle though the fact that I’m not working and not supporting my family in the normal way I develop depression and distress. I get to the point where I don’t want to get out of bed and take care of my daughter and look for work.

Application: Coming across this passage reminds me that I can call out upon the lord and ask for the help and for the blessings that he has for us. We need to remember that he has a plan and some times his plans may be less then ideal in our eyes. But we also need to talk to God even though he knows everything he wants us to ask for his help.


Prayer: Lord, help I am struggling with not measuring up to the standards that are around me even if they are self imposed. Help me to overcome the fear in side myself and charge after your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment