Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 13, 2016 Don't fall out the window.

Reading: Acts 20 and Genesis 42-43

Scripture: Acts 20:10, But Paul went down and bent over him, and taking him in his arms, said, “Do not be alarmed, for his life is in him.”

Observation: I love this story where Paul was speaking to the people and spoke so long that this young man fell asleep and out the window. These people were so hungry for the word of God that for hours they would sit and stand to learn every last little bit from one of God’s workers.

Application: Not only did Eutychus want to learn he was struggling to stay awake and focused. I know that I have been guilty of feeling church was going too long after 30 min. I think this is a reminder that we need to hunger with all we have to learn more about God and his word. Long for time with God and be willing to take every minute you can get.


Prayer: Lord thank you for the time to get to know you and for the leaders and teachers in our lives. Lord I also ask you to help me to keep you as a priority and to take hold of every moment for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment