Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 14, 2016 You are breaking my heart.

Reading: Acts 21 and Genesis 44-45

Scripture: Acts 21:13, Then Paul answered, “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

Observation: Paul being willing to go to the ends of the earth and beyond was told the when he goes back to Jerusalem that they will arrest him and bind him. Understanding that God’s plan can lead to discomfort and persecution, when those people around him started freaking out about their teacher being taken that is when he said the quote above.

Application: Here in the USA there is not much persecution these days and not much call for that willingness to go to jail or die for what we believe. This is more of a call to be open to anything. God has talents that he has given to each of us and we need to be willing to do what ever we have been called to and step out where we are called to go.  


Prayer: Lord thank you for you gift of another day and the ability to continue to seek your will and your plan. I thank you for your provisions and your love. Lord I ask you to help me to see your direction and the next step you have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment