Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 2, 2016

Reading: Acts 9 and Geneses 24

Scripture: Acts 9:15, But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Observation: This reminds me that I/we as Christians have this tendency to look at the outside judge on appearance and background if these sinners can serve God. Just before this section, Ananias was saying to God you can’t want me to go to that guy, he will kill me, he is one BAD guy. I know that I have had moments like that. I will look around at church and think why are they here.

Application: God then says to us they are my Chosen instrument, we all are chosen instruments. As an instrument we need to find out purpose, yes there is the Great Commission and yes we are all to share the word with the world around us. We are all given talents; our purpose is what we do with those talents.


Prayer: Lord you are so amazing, Thank you for the blessings that you pour out on us daily. Lord I ask you to help us to set aside our biases based on looks and background and love people as you love people. I also ask that you help us to see our talents and seek to serve you better with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment