Monday, February 29, 2016

February 27, 2016 Free gifts of God

Reading: Romans 6, Exodus 20, and Psalm119:1-48

Scripture: Romans 6:23, For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Observation: This has been a favorite very maybe even considered a life verse for me sense I have come back to God and his church. I it has been a struggle for me as a man I want to earn my wages, provide and Grow. When I look back at all I have done and the people I have hurt and how much sin is in my past I see what my wages are I know how I still fail and fall and think “I know my wages.” 

Application: Then I'm reminded that Forgiveness and the grace and mercy the God pours out on us though his son and Holy Spirit are gifts that need to be accepted. That is the biggest part of this we all have the offer we all have been called to believe and accept this gift. But as a gift we must put ourselves aside and accept it. Even as kid we learn this, we can’t have or open our birthday or Christmas presents until accept and receive them. It is the same with God’s gift we can’t open it and enjoy it until we receive and accept that gift.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for all you have to teach me each and every day. Open my eyes and heart to your influences and help me to walk in your ways. As I struggle with the lack of work and knowing how to pay things I praise you in the storm. I lift up all who read this that they know your love and blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment