Monday, February 22, 2016

February 20, 2016 I need to eat.

Reading: Acts 27 and Exodus 6-7

Scripture: Acts 27:34 Therefore I urge you to take some food. For it will give you strength, for not a hair is to perish from the head of any of you.”

Observation: I know there have been many times I have gotten myself busy and focused on things and not eaten a meal. These men had been so scared out of their minds and worrying about the ship that they had not eaten for two weeks. How often do we do the same thing with God and his word. We start a new job or loose one and everything we knew gets tossed about and before we know it, it has been weeks or even months and we have not talked to God or read a single word.

Application: This spoke to me today reminding me that even in the mist of the storm and upheaval that can happen in our lives we need to stay focused on God and stay in his word. Even when we have time to spare being unemployed we can easily fill it with so many other things and distract ourselves from that time we had set aside for God.


Prayer: Lord, you are so wonderful and I am so grateful that you have sent you sent you have sent your Holy Spirit to help us to understand and bring to life your word. I thank you for the insight that you have given me though the spirit. Lord I ask you to help me to keep my heart and mind focused on you Lord and find time each day to seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment