Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 10th 2016 Just support me!!

Reading: Acts 17 and Geneses 37-38

Scripture: Genesis 37:10 But when he told it to his father and to his brothers, his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall I and your mother and your brothers indeed come to bow ourselves to the ground before you?”

Observation: In that culture the idea that parents and older brothers showing honor to a younger brother was almost unheard of so having the second youngest in the house saying that he had a dream where his brothers and parents would bow down to him was ridiculous. But also there is Joseph’s feeling like God is calling me to this greatness and I’m sharing this with my family and no one thinks I can do it.

Application: I think this is another perspective thing, we all have our talents and skills and God has called us all into his service. We may see that we could be great or even know that we are awesome at something but no one sees it or believes that you can do it. We need to trust in God’s perspective and know that he is working these this for our good. As I get told my job is going to end in a few days I though that this job was a step in the right direction to a career and my be it was but he has another place for me.


Prayer: Lord I thank you for the great blessing you have for me. I ask in this time of seeking that you help me to find the next step in your plan and the direction you have for me using the gifts that I have. Lord you are so wonderful providing all that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment