Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 21, 2016 Suck out the poison man!!!!!!!!

Reading: Acts 28 and Exodus 8-9

Scripture: Acts 28:3-5, When Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and put them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened on his hand. When the native people saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer. Though he has escaped from the sea, Justice has not allowed him to live.” He, however, shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm.

Observation: I know that I so often I am going about my work when what seems to be out of nowhere something happens. Maybe is something deadly or just an inconvenience but that is my viper, this thing that causes so many to crumble in its wake.  This is when the non-believers will be watching you, just as the inhabitants of Malta were watching to see something happen to Paul, the world watches us as Christians how we react when we have bad situations hitting us in the face.

Application: Paul after being bitten by the viper, he didn’t freak out or scream and yell. Pall just shook off the snake into the fire and went about doing what needed to be done. We need to take our example from Paul here in that bad things will happen and because of God’s plan for use we can be confident in doing what needs to be done even if it looks as if it will kill us.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for helping us and directing us in your plan so far and I know that you have more for us to do. I ask you to help me to remain strong in you and not worry about the trials and struggles that are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment