Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 25, 2016 What do you mean I can't earn it.

Reading: Romans 4 and Exodus 16-17

Scripture: Romans 4:4, Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Observation: I know that I have in the past and from time to time I still do, I try  to work my way to heaven. Forgiveness is God’s gift to us it’s not something that we can earn or take upon ourselves. This verse is one that reminds us of that. We cant work our way there. If we could work to haven there would be no need for Jesus because all we would need to do is be good enough.

Application: Being that our forgiveness and the mercy and grace that God pours out on each of us, is a gift we can’t earn it. All we can do is accept it or not. God has put out a general call to all, “come to me, believe in me, and listen to my word.” We all have to choose if we are going to listen to that call or not. 


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your son and the fact that we don’t have to be perfect so that we can be with you in haven. Your plans are so above our plan that the glimpses that you give us at many times still hard to understand. Lord I ask you to keep on my heart the truth of your love and grace and that I don’t need to work for it

No comments:

Post a Comment