Friday, July 16, 2021

Who provided for them out of their means.‭

Reading: Proverbs 1-2, Psalm 128, Hebrews 13, and Luke 8

Scripture: Luke‬ ‭8:1-3‬‬‬, Soon afterward he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him, and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s household manager, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.‭

Thoughts: As I read this, it caught my attention that it mentioned that these women provided for Jesus and the twelve out of their means. We have no account of Jesus asking anyone for money, He told the rich young ruler to give it all away and give to God what is God’s and give to Caesar what is Caesar’s. These women helped to support this ministry with what they had. Are we supporting God’s ministry with what we have? 

Prayer: Father God, you own it all, you are worthy of all praise, you are worthy of all honor and glory. I praise you with all I am and all that is within me. I thank you that you provide for me and I joyfully give back to you a portion of what you have given me to steward. I thank you for all you have done and all that you are going in my life. Open my eye and heart to things I am holding back from you, that I may repent and release it to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment