Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The seductive voice of folly.

Reading: Proverbs 9-11 and James 4

Scripture: Proverbs 9:13, The woman Folly is loud; she is seductive and knows nothing.

Thoughts: Folly to me is being described as like prostitute who offers great and wonderful things at a price. We can easily be drawn in by the promise of excitement and pleasure, I know the most foolish things I have done have been when I listened to the seductive voice of folly. The happiness and pleasure that comes from eating something sweet is nice but when that becomes all we eat then it leads to health issue. God has given us pleasurable things in this world, but when we let those things become as important to more important than God, we are stepping into folly. The evil one will take something pleasurable that God created for good and twist it and cause us to try to raise it above God. Money is the one most people go to when speaking about putting things above God, but I believe that sex is right there with it. God created it as a union between a husband and wife, and the evil one has twisted it to be whatever you want it to be for pleasure, especially if it goes against what God plan. Are we being seduced by something?

Prayer: Lord God, you are the creator of all things, you gave us the ability to enjoy and take pleasure in thing, yet you tell us to put nothing above you. I heard it said that another way to read the first commandment is “Have no priorities above God.” Lord you are the one who is worthy of worship and praise. I ask that you help me to move anything I have before you that I may put you above all things. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in my life. Lead me and guide me all my days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment