Monday, July 12, 2021

Out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks

Reading: 1 Kings 7, 2 Chronicles 4, Hebrews 8, and Luke 8

Scripture: Luke 6:45, “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Thoughts: Most people would say they are a good person, here is Hebrews the author is reminding us that we will produce what we are storing up in our hearts. When we hold resentment, bitterness, and hatred in our hearts it will come out of our mouth. I strive to walk with the Lord, and fill my heart with the love, peace, and Joy that flow from him, but I still have evil treasure in my heart that will come out my mouth. Are we working with God to purge that evil out or are just letting it manifest out of our mouths from time to time? 

Prayer: Lord, you are so wonderful, my words cannot describe the wondrous nature that you have. I thank you for pouring out your love and joy out on us, the provisions of your hand that overwhelms my understanding. I ask that you help me to continue to be refined, purify my heart, and help me to remove the evil treasure and fill my heart with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment