Friday, July 2, 2021

Calling all 90 pound weaklings!!!!

Reading: 2 Samuel 22, Psalm 18, and Titus 3

 

Scripture: Psalm 18:39-40,For you equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against me sink under me. You made my enemies turn their backs to me, and those who hated me I destroyed. 

 

Thoughts: When it comes to spiritual warfare many of us see ourselves as 90 pound weaklings. Using excuses like “I do not know the Bible well enough” or “what if they reject me or tell me to get lost.” As I read this my mine went to Sampson and in every depiction of him he is a big hulking man, but I have not found a description of him other than his hair should not be cut. If he was so big his strength and acts as Judge would not be as impressive or notable as if he was a normal guy or a 90 pound weakling. At David writes above he knows where his strength comes from and what will happen to his enemies. Let us rely on God for our strength in our battles, no matter if they are physical or spiritual. 

 

Prayer: Lord God, your strength empowers me to do all things, your love overwhelms me, your Joy drenches me. I thank you for the victories in my life and those that you have planed. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me into that man you have called me to. I ask that you help us to see that we are walking in your strength and that we need to call for the continual filling of that power and strength that only you can give. 

No comments:

Post a Comment