Thursday, July 15, 2021

Blessed be

Reading: 1 Kings 10, 2 Chronicles 9, and Hebrews 12

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 9:8, Blessed be the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and set you on his throne as king for the Lord your God! Because your God loved Israel and would establish them forever, he has made you king over them, that you may execute justice and righteousness.

Thoughts: As I read this passage, when this queen had been testing Solomon to see his wisdom, she says,” Blessed is your God that delights in you.” My mind when to a scene in John Bevere’s book Driven by Eternity, where as people come into the king’s presence and the king would call then by a job they did not have in life. This would lead to a discussion about who they were called to be, verses who they chose to be in life. In the beginning of Solomon’s time as king he was who he was called to be, but the things of the world crept in and slowly turned him from that calling. He was still king, yet he brought in the other gods and build places to sacrifice to them. We can be doing good for the kingdom, but if we are doing someone else’s calling instead of our own our influence will be hindered. Listen for and seek the calling you have on your life. 

Prayer: Father God, you use all things for the good of those who love you and those called according to your purpose. I thank you for my assignments and call, you lead me and guide me in that calling. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you pour out on us every day. I ask that you help me to continually check that I am not off course and that you are the one who get the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment