Sunday, July 18, 2021

Who is your enemy?

Reading: Proverbs 5-6, James 2, and Luke 9

Scripture: Luke 9:49-50, John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.” But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”

Thoughts: The media, both mainstream and social medias are almost continually beating us down with the idea that if we are not saying the same thing that are saying that we are against them. For example, as a strait white man, if I am not berating myself for my whiteness, saying that we need to give everything to those minorities of race and sexuality, then I am against them and I need to be burned down and canceled. As the disciples came to Jesus saying they are not part of our group, but they are doing thing in your name, Jesus’ line, “the one who is not against you is for you.” Says we are not enemies unless we are truly on opposing sides. I love my brothers and sisters no matter what shade of melanin their skin has or what their background is, or even if there is sin in their lives. We are all called to battle the enemy, the evil one and if we are fighting the same enemy, we are not enemies. 

Prayer: Father God, you have made each and everyone in your image, you knew us before we were born, you knit us together in our mother’s womb. Your praises a cried out by your creation. I thank you that you are continually molding and refining me. may we all unite to fight the one true enemy and seek the truth in your word and not the lies of the evil one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment