Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Those who are being sanctified.

Reading: 2 Chronicles 6-7, Psalm 127, and Hebrews 10

Scripture: Hebrews 10:14-16, For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” 

Thoughts: Just before this passage the author was showing the difference between the continual sacrifice and what Christ did for us. With Jesus’ sacrifice we are given Holy Spirit in our lives and with that we now are called to the process of sanctification. Even though when Father God looks at us he only sees what Jesus did for us we are still called to grow and change. The Laws of the lord are no longer written on a stone but on our hearts and mind. Are we living out our lives as if we have a safety net that allows us to do anything even when God’s law tells us otherwise, or are we striving every day to be better than the last, to grow and be refined? 

Prayer: Lord God, you have made a way that we can come to you, your laws are written on our hearts and in our minds. I thank you that you are molding me and refining me every day. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that are poured out continually. Help me to listen to your voice and walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment