Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Commended but did not receive the promise.

Reading: 1 Kings 9, 2 Chronicles 8, Hebrews 11, and Luke 7

Scripture: Hebrews 11:39-40, And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

Thoughts: Through the entire chapter the author is pointing us to many of the great figures of faith, pointing out the great need for faith. Here at the end of the chapter it points out that as great of faith these all had they had not received the promise that we received through Christ. The single sacrifice to cover all our sins and the Holy Spirit, who is continually working in us and sanctifying us to be more like Christ. 

Prayer: Lord God, your love overwhelms me, the beauty of your creation shines bright and points to you. Your grace, mercy and love abounds and draws us to you. I thank you for molding me and refining me into the man you call me to be. Open my heart to the sanctification that you are working in me and help me to walk in your ways, and shine you truth to a dark and fallen world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment