Monday, July 26, 2021

Shepherding the flock among you.

Reading: Proverbs 22-23, Psalm 101, 1 Peter 5, and Luke 14

Scripture: 1 Peter 5:2-3, shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

Thoughts: Over the years I have felt like I have been told that one day I would be in full time ministry, almost every Pastor, and even the Word refers to us as sheep or a flock. At first as I read this that was the mindset I was reading with. As I came back around to this passage again, I looked at it as I have a flock, and I have as more responsibility to them than I would to a if I was the pastor of a church. My family is my flock. My family is the Flock of God among me. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, your grace and mercy abound, your love overflows, and your peace and Joy are my comfort. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, the molding and refining you are working in me and the directions that you have placed before me. I ask that you help me to walk in the path you have and not try to take shortcuts to what I think your plan is. Help me to walk in your calling on my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment